Friday, May 2, 2008

My best worst game of golf...

This week I joined several others in a golf tournament for a local charity. Coming off a day last weekend where I had my best golf shots in a long time, I was confident that everyone at the tournament would be talking about me when the day was over. They would be saying things like, "Wow, she has really improved." and " I wish I was that consistent with my putting" and "I can't believe she got a hole in one and won the longest drive contest in one day!"

My first drive on the first hole went for, oh, about 10 feet (stop lifting your head, Pat) and things got worse from there. I think in 18 holes I had 3 shots I was proud of. Not my vision at all.

It is obvious what made this my worst day, but what was best about it?

My son played in my foursome. He, too, has had better golf days. But we laughed and joked and teased each other all afternoon. Now that he is a grown married man, I get less time to do that than I used to.

So the sun was shining, the temperature was perfect, and I got to spend a whole aftternoon with my Michael. It just doesn't get any better than that! (well, unless one of us had actually gotten a hole in one and won the Mercedes!)

No comments: