Friday, February 6, 2009

"Cop Farts" for breakfast

Ok. Here I am at my daughter's house while she is in Hawaii. If that is not bad enough, I have her two toddlers. OMG! I forgot so many things...not the least of which is "what can I get these kids to eat?" The older one said this morning that he wanted "cop farts" for breakfast. Somehow, I am sure that is not really want he wants. Besides, my daughter did not tell me anything about those in the notes she left for me.

Obviously my brain is fried from lack of sleep. Looking back to dinner last night, I remembered that you have to make some hard choices nutrition-wise. So I gave the meat eater his brother's meat loat (which really disappointed the dog waiting for the next bite to be thrown from the high chair.) And I gave the vegetable eater his brother's acorn squash.

Sometimes it just boils down to quiet... and getting them to eat something without a big battle. Luckily I did get them both to eat some corn and peas--of course there was some bribery involved with the meat-eater. But it all worked out okay.

It is important to encourage children to eat a balanced meal. But sometimes it just isn't going to happen. They are little individuals and have their own likes and dislikes. So I will keep trying to offer nutritious meals.

But, as a grandmom, my main goal is that they do not starve until their parents some home.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! There are so many memories in that post for me. What's important is that you survived.

Joyce Mason said...

I love what kids do with words. They are so creative! I have a friend whose son wanted "little innertubes" for breakfast (Cheerios). I'm convinced he grew up to be a visionary!

Anonymous said...

Pat,

I feel for you. As the current primary giver for my two year old grandson, I am struggling with A LOT of issues. Boys are wired differently than girls so the things I am dealing with now are all new to me.

But I totally agree with you with the eating part---get them fed and as long as it isn't a bunch of junk food--everyone will be OK.

Anonymous said...

If you ever find out what "cop farts" are, you have to tell us! My imagination is running wild with that one! Good luck with your grandma duties and I hope that you're able to continue to please both the meat-eater and the vegetable connoisseur 'till mom gets home.

Betty Lynch said...

"Cop Farts"?? Haha! I'm so anxious to find out what food this is. Haha! Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

LOL, I have a very good guess what those cop farts are.

My 2year old grandson was visiting this weekend. He was checking out my cupboards looking for "jack's ohs" and had to settle for bananas.

Anonymous said...

nice site

visit
http://www.parenting-wikipedia.blogspot.com
http://www.earlyhood.blogspot.com

Parents Rule! said...

Finally figured out he wanted Pop Tarts--so his grandpa went and got him some. Mema (me) had to add some bananas to that breakfast!