Friday, October 17, 2008

Baby Watch final post--Welcome Logan


My mema is really tired so I thought I would finish my own baby watch update. Momma and Daddy wanted me to be born on the 15th, but I was not really ready for that. Momma was so comfortable and peaceful and I was really happy there. It was my intention to stay a little longer.
Instead, they invoked their Alpha Dog authority and had the doctor cut her open and drag my butt out of there. I was not happy and screamed and kicked the whole way.
Now that I am here, I realize it is not so bad. They feed me, clean me up, rock me, and make lots of silly faces that I still don't quite understand. Why do they do that??? Anyway, so far they have been really good to me. And there are a lot of other people around a lot too. I hear words like mema, nana, papaw, aunt, uncle--can anyone tell me what those words mean? Those people also make funny noises and faces...what is it with that?
And while I am asking questions, what is the black thing on my belly? And where is the cord I played with while I was inside of Momma? I sure do miss it. Can anybody find one for me?
The food is pretty good here. I eat frequently and enjoy it, although it does all taste the same.
The other thing I want to know is what the heck is the silver box that they all have that flashes light in my eyes? They have all done that to me and then look at the boX and say "Oh, look. that is a cute one?" A cute what??
But all in all, I am pretty happy and feel like I have made good choices for Daddy and Momma. But now I have to eat--RIGHT NOW!
Signing off,
Logan

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww.. adorable.. Congratulations Pat!

Unknown said...

Oh conratulations Grandma! Logan is precious! Thanks for sharing,
Lynn

Teri8D said...

What a beautiful new baby boy! I have two granddaughters from my daughter & her husband; no grandson yet. I guess I'll have to give my son more time to find a soul mate, get married and provide me with more chances for a grandson.

Enjoy your new life, Logan. Say hello to all those people cooing over you. Happiness to all!

Aaron Hawkins said...

Congratulations Pat?? How bout congrats Aaron and Jaime! oh ok, Pat deserves congrats too! Sounds like my son's happy with how everything turned out.

Bev Mahone said...

Oh, he is sooo adorable! How much did he weigh? Your grandchildren are giving you plenty to keep writing about, aren't they?

Congratulations!

Parents Rule! said...

Ok, Aaron Hawkins...just cause you are Daddy--don't steal my thunder. Ha ha

Bev, he weighed 7 lb 6oz and was 20 1/2 in. long

Heidi Caswell said...

Such a cutie, love your post Pat. Congrats to Pat, Aaron, and Jamie!

Great fun to see such a loving family.

Pam Archer said...

Congratulations, Mema! What a beautiful child! I'm so happy for you.

Pop Art Diva Enterprises said...

I had to laugh at "the food all tastes the same"!

Congratulations on a beautiful grandchild! (And pretty darn smart too to be posting to a blog so early!)
PopArtDiva™

Betty Lynch said...

Congratulations!! He is adorable!! Thank you for sharing this precious story.

Claudia Meydrech said...

Oh Pat, what a beautiful picture, so good to look at it again. I look forward to the stories that little Logan will bring to your life, like the one you shared on the Work at Home Grandmoms blog.

Oh how I long to be a grandma!

Hugs, claudia