Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Eggplant is not working...

Baby Watch update:

So far, the eggplant is not working on my daughter in law--meaning she is not in labor yet. (see yesterday's blog)

Since Aaron has so little time to be here before he has to go back to Panama and work, they are going to try induction tomorrow. That is, unless the eggplant does its job between now and then.

So we wait.

I remember when I worked in labor and delivery many years ago (before ultrasounds...) a doctor telling me "when the apple is ripe, it falls off the tree." My daughter called last night and asked if I thought Jaime would have the baby. I am not sure what that meant, but my answer was simply, "Eventually."

There is no guarantee that induction will work. There is nothing to prevent her from going into labor tonight. We will just have to wait until the apple is ripe!

1 comment:

idea coach said...

Wow,don't you wish you were blogging during the time of all the births you experianced?
What a wonderful way to share. Thanks