Thursday, October 9, 2008

Baby Watch Alert

We are expecting our 11th grandchild--probably next week. My son and daughter-in-law think they are the expecting him, but it is really us grandparents who are the most excited. It is so strange to think of my baby (he is my youngest) having a baby.

It seems like only yesterday I was taking the double dose of Milk of Magnesia to make myself go into labor, spending 24 hurs in and out of the bathroom while I realized I would not know labor cramps from diarrhea cramps. What was I thinking?? When the cramping started to come at regular intervals, I decided to go to the hospital to get checked.

Sure enough, I was in labor. When it was time, I got the epidural I longed for. Well, not exactly since it only worked on one side. I felt every thing on my right side--very strange. He was 9'4" and had a very large head which I felt being delivered on my right side. But he was so cute, all was soon forgiven.

Aaron and Jaime (and Boudreau--pronounced Boo-Dro--what I call him since they haven't given him a name yet) live in Panama (country, not Redneck Riviera). Jaime (the daughter-in-law) is here for her "confinement" as they used to call it. Aaron, my son, is coming in on Sat and thanks to FMLA will get to stay for a while to care for his wife and bond with his son.

I guess I am going to have to get a webcam and the learning curve will start over again with that little gadget. Any advice from you out there in blogland would be appreciated!

Last week she had not started dilating or effacing yet--due date is Oct 19. So she had a long talk on Tuesday with the baby and admitted to him that she had told him not to dare come out until his Daddy was here, but that it was okay to start making a little progress. Since that evening she has had a couple of little contractions. We will see what the doctor says tomorrow.

I will keep you all posted.

No comments: